- Attention Span
- Working Memory
- Sustained or Selective Attention Time
- Response Variability
- Non-Verbal Problem Solving
- Reaction Time
Advantages of taking the ImPACT Test are:
- Individuals take a baseline test of brain function prior to competition.
- After a concussion, a follow-up test is taken and is measured against the baseline.
- All results are forwarded on to a Credentialed ImPACT Neurologist for diagnosis.
- All diagnosis information is sent to the athlete’s primary care physician.
- Information is utilized as a tool for a safer return-to-play decision making process.
- Athlete can see his/her primary care physician for a clinical evaluation and receive the final decision for a safe return to sports.
Importance of ImPACT:
- Cost effective for ultimate protection for a safe return to sports.
- Sports-related concussions are not diagnosed by an MRI or CT scan.
- Clinical evaluation by a physician can rule out signs and symptoms only.
- ImPACT testing is specific to the athlete and not a national norm.
- Athlete may be symptom free but the brain may not be functioning normally.
- Validated and non-biased method of determining brain function after an injury.
- User friendly, computer-based, 20-30 minute test period.
Request an Appointment:
To request an ImPACT appointment, please call:
Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm
We accept referrals from all physicians